Sunday 15 December 2013

Read-a-Thon - Spine Challenge

December 12th 2013
I have recently been told it is Read-a-Thon, not Book-a-Thon. +Alex Margaret gave me that information.

Anyways, today I have to create poetry by using spines of books. Here are the rules:

1. You must use book spines to make a poem.
2. For this challenge, you can only use books that you read in 2013.
3. You can include as many extra words in your poem as books that you use. If you used four books for your poem, you can use four extra words.
4. You must post your poem or a photo of your poem and then come back and link it up here.


Here it goes:
I rise from my bed
To go inside the mind of gideon rayburn
You see, it's kind of a funny story
It's this sudden clarity you get when you mix fate and fury
I swear, that this is the almost truth
It is just like fate, you see this weekend is the selection
But now I must leave you in the mist
But I will always be a legend.

I know, it isn't great, but it made me laugh when writing it. Here are the books I used:

Rise by Andrea Cremer
Inside the Mind of Gideon Rayburn by Sarah Miller
It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
Clarity by Kim Harrington
Fate and Fury by Quinn Loftis
I Swear by Lane Davis
The Almost Truth by Eileen Cook
Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young
Weekend by Christopher Pike
The Slection by Kiera Cass
The Mist by Stephen King
Legend by Marie Lu

Hope you enjoyed and comment below! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment