Saturday 14 December 2013

Read-a-Thon: Teaser Challenge!

December 10th 2013
First, let's start with updates:
I am currently reading: The Almost Truth by Eileen Cook
But being as I am doing this late (December 14th 2013), I am actually reading Stolen by Lucy Christopher and Six Months Later by Natalie D. Richards. I have been reading Eleanor and Park for a while as well, so I will add that.
6408862Stolen
Sixteen year old Gemma is kidnapped from Bangkok airport and taken to the Australian Outback. This wild and desolate landscape becomes almost a character in the book, so vividly is it described. Ty, her captor, is no stereotype. He is young, fit and completely gorgeous. This new life in the wilderness has been years in the planning. He loves only her, wants only her. Under the hot glare of the Australian sun, cut off from the world outside, can the force of his love make Gemma love him back? 
The story takes the form of a letter, written by Gemma to Ty, reflecting on those strange and disturbing months in the outback. Months when the lines between love and obsession, and love and dependency, blur until they don't exist - almost.




17343998

Six Months Later
Chloe didn't think about it much when she nodded off in study hall on that sleepy summer day. But when she wakes up, snow is on the ground and she can't remember the last six months of her life. Before, she'd been a mediocre student. Now, she's on track for valedictorian and being recruited by Ivy League schools. Before, she never had a chance with super jock Blake. Now he's her boyfriend. Before, she and Maggie were inseparable. Now her best friend won't speak to her.
What happened to her? 
And why can't she remember?






15745753

Eleanor and Park
Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under.












So I will be doing Teasers from Eleanor and Park, Six Months Later and Stolen.
Let's start with Stolen:

pg 100: "Day Eighteen. You weren't waiting when I got up. I opened the kitchen door and sat on the makeshift step. I looked out at the sand and the sand and the sand. I waited; for what I don't know. The day got hotter around me. The flies whined and buzzed about my ears. A heat haze blurred the sky."

pg 146: "You laughed, 'But what did you say? You were the one I was watching.' / I could feel the heat in my cheeks. I hate the way I always blush so easily. I unstuck the back of my knees from the couch again and bent them. I rested my head down so you couldn't see my face."

Second, Six Months Later:

pg 8 "Dreaming. I must still be dreaming./ Outside the window everything is dark. Wait, that can' be right. It can' be that late./ Can it? A slate-gray sky stretches beyond the glass. I see bits of white trailing through it, drifting down like glitter against velvet./ What is that? Flowers? Dust? No, it's just snow./ Snow?"

pg 13 "'Why are you here?' I asked instead./ 'Because you called me,' he says, laughing again. Then he nods down at my hands, smirking. 'Have you been making mud pies while you waited for me to get here?'"

Lastly, but not least, Eleanor and Park (Kindle Edition):

“Eleanor was right. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.

“Holding Eleanor's hand was like holding a butterfly. Or a heartbeat. Like holding something complete, and completely alive.” 

Unknown page numbers for this book because it is from a Kindle Edition.

UPDATES:
Number of Books Read: 0
Number of Pages Read: 123

Next I'll be doing the SPINE poetry!
Thanks for reading, and comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment