Thursday 25 June 2015

Let's Talk: The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3) by Michelle Hodkin
Let's Talk contains spoilers



4.5 stars

I saw this on pinterest and thought it was worth mentioning because it's hilarious.


Plus, Max Irons is hot.

Goodreads synopsis:
Mara Dyer wants to believe there's more to the lies she’s been told.
There is.

She doesn’t stop to think about where her quest for the truth might lead.
She should.

She never had to imagine how far she would go for vengeance.
She will now.

Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this shocking conclusion to Mara Dyer’s story.

Retribution has arrived.



-----------------------------------

I have been dreading writing this review for so long because it was the end of an amazing series. After the end of book 2 I didn't think anything could be as good.

But I was wrong.

And Noah! When he died in the end of book 2 I was shattered. But Mara refuses to believe he died. She is searching for him.
It starts off with her in the compound. She can only see herself in mirrors because they are all over her room.
And then it definitely kicks off in high gear. There isn't anything else I can say without spoiling the story line or what is going on.
But I can say that it was absolutely amazing.

Rating: 9.5/10
Parental Rating: 15+

SERIOUSLY, SPOILERS!!!

There was so many things I loved about this book! I like the realistic part of it.
I liked in the beginning when Mara kept talking to herself through her mirror images. But this is where a plot whole started. I don't understand how the mirror of Mara keeps talking to her but by the end of the book she stops seeing it.
But I also like how the end was sort of not complete. I feel like if it was, it wouldn't be an ending I liked.
I loved the part when Mara was on the go-train and she kept feeling like there was something in her stomach. When she cut it, I was disturbed.


I wasn't 100% sure what was going on.

I also loved the part when they rented the old motel. Seeing the teens use their powers was awesome! Jamie telling the women that they needed the room and her complying just like that. I liked that when they were there they were watching Pulp Fiction. One of my favourite movies, I love that it was in this book!


And the ending when Noah and Mara are finally reunited! This made me lose my mind. If I remember correctly, I was reading this on the bus. So I was trying so hard to contain my excitement at seeing Noah return.

I liked that the story wasn't all about the romance. Mara found her brother and he helped her with her problems, so they got to problem solve together.

Oh, and how about the fact that Dr. Kells has been testing on children and she tested on Jude and that is why he had powers. That blew my mind. When they watched all the tests.

Or how about in the beginning when Jude helped Mara escape. And she woke up in the middle of a room with blood all over and a watch (that belonged to Jude).

When Noah came back, he seemed to be on his father's side. This worried me so much. And seeing all the backstory about how Noah was truly born, and Mara's grandmother was there. Noah was truly born to be the killer of Mara.
People, let's talk about this.
Noah was born to kill Mara. KILL!!1
They also told Noah that he was only in love with Mara and attracted to her because she balances out his ability. He can heal, he is the side of light and good. Mara can kill, she in on the side of dark and evil. I thought this was cooler than anything ever.
I wish I learned more about the professor: Mara's grandfather.

Anyways, Noah kept trying to kill himself. These books are so good. He kept telling his father to release Mara or he dies.

Not to mention that Noah's password on his computer is: marashaw
MARA SHAW
MARA SHAW
Guys, it's Mara Shaw. As in, if she married him she'd be Mara Shaw.


I just about lost it.

And the ending when Mara and Noah finally got their happily ever after. I was so happy to finally get to see Noah's POV, even if it was for a little bit.

Just read it. Even if you think nothing is better than book 2.

Rating: 9.5/10 (only reason it's not full is because I liked book 2 better)
Parental Rating: 15+

Commet below and let me know what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment